How are you guys doing? Hope you guys had good start of new year. Happy New Year my lovelies. 😊😘
During lockdown I tried taking good care of my hair. I wanted to share this amazing method for coarse, dry and lifeless hair with all of you.
You guys might know about coconut milk is great way to use for hair and skin care. I’m excited to share this with you all.
The benefits of coconut milk for hair and skin works amazing. Coconut milk has natural fatty acid and has extreme moisturizing effects. Coconut milk can restore dry hair and scalp, it acts as conditioner for damaged hair.
Coconut milk contains antioxidants, it is rich in vitamin C and E. Coconut milk is used as a scrub and cleanser and as toner. It helps to make beautiful self and even more stunning and glowing skin.
Ways to use Coconut milk for hair and skin.
This is my way of using of coconut milk for dry coarse hair. Tried and tested. My maternal aunt who has coarse hair due to coloring her hair twice a month. This made her hair very dry, dull and rough. I tried using coconut milk in her hair and asked her to wash after 45 mins (you can keep it longer, if you want). After the first wash her hair felt less little smooth and got that shine and also the curls back.
Coconut milk used as Cleanser
- Apply coconut milk on face and neck for 10-15 mins.
- Massage for about 5 mins
- Once dry you can scrub your face and neck with your hands for few seconds
- Wash your face with luke warm water. Do not use soap or face wash.
- Towel dry your face.
Coconut milk moisturises and also nourishes your skin.
The fragrances of coconut milk helps you calm and relaxed. You will keep getting the mild fragrance of coconut milk all day long. It smells amazing.
How to use coconut milk on hair.
- You need fresh coconut and add grated coconut in a blender or mixing jar.
- Grind the fresh coconut by adding 1/2 a cup of water. ( use water for making it into paste like consistency) so that you get fresh and thick milk.
- Strain in a cheesecloth, muslin cloth or using strainer and collect the first extract in a bowl or glass. This is the thick coconut milk from the first extract.
- Once you have extract enough milk from coconut. ( you can use 1 hair serum capsules or directly use the milk in your hair)
- You can use the coconut milk in your damp hair, scalp and roots to ends.
- Massage your scalp evenly for better blood circulation which helps in hair growth and reduces muscle tension.
- Cover your hair with shower cap or towel for about 30-45 mins.
- Wash your hair with mild shampoo.
- Towel dry or leave it to air-dry naturally.
- Do not use hair hair-dyer.
- Scrunch your hair in your hands or towel to help shape your curls.
- You can try this twice a week or once a week. ( as i tried it on my aunt for twice a week).
This method is non damaging to your hair and allows to volumized, frizz free curls.
😍Happy Curls. Happy Hair. 😍😍😍😍😍😍